Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I GIVE UP! Let the good times roll!!!


Summer is officially here in my corner of the world and as a result I have full time kids making full time messes. Yesterday, after putting the baby down for a nap I spent a good 30 minutes, vacuuming, steam mopping, cleaning the hard water and dirt off the outside of the sliding glass doors, and cleaning the hand prints, and baby prints off the inside of the sliding glass door. Then I sent the older kids outside for some much needed fresh air and fun in the sun. I went upstairs to finish the straightening and get ready for the day. As I came downstairs what did I see? One of my daughters squirting the doors, over, and over with her squirt gun. Then later that afternoon all of them completely ignored me and came inside dragging their wet and grassy feet over my freshly steam mopped tile! That did it, I spent most of the day grumpy about the whole thing. Today I realize I have two choices:

1. Do I yell at the kids all summer to keep the house clean?

2. do I do my best to straighten, keep to my weekly cleaning and call it good.

They make the choice for me, #2 it is. Wish me luck, because this super clean Mommy and her not so clean children need it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I can send the kids out side for hours, clean up, then they come inside and are filthy, and bring in the filth! I just focus on CLEANING the kitchen and bathrooms, for obvious reasons (most used). then I vacuum once a day, and mop every other day (if needed). its summer time! My kids want to play, and I want to play with them!

    ReplyDelete