Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cupboards

Dishes should be stacked from big to little in like piles. Thankfully I don't have glass or open cupboards! It doesn't look perfect, but we can always find what we need which is the whole point!


When I cleaned out my kitchen the other week I thoroughly organized the spice/baking cupboard. I don't have a very big kitchen and a small pantry. But, by keeping like things together in an organized fashion I can always find what I need and it makes my kitchen feel a lot bigger. Small spaces will always seem bigger after a thorough purge and organization.

Bathroom cupboards seem too hold all different kinds of things, hair bows, combs, toothpaste, toilet paper, make-up, all kinds of things. I don't know about you, but my husband has one shelf and one drawer, whereas I have a drawer, a cupboard and three shelves. Now, I realize I sound like a broken record but the rules of organization are the same for every closet, cupboard, and drawer in your home. Keep like things together, throw out garbage and broken items, and maintain it! Whenever you put something away, put it where it goes! By maintaining all areas of your home you only have to do a major clean out twice a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment