Thursday, December 31, 2009

Daily Routines

Once your house is pretty organized and pretty clean, having a daily routine makes it a much quicker and easier job when it comes time to do your weekly and monthly cleaning projects. This is what I do everyday...
1. Make Beds; specifically my bed. The older kids do their own. Why? See dust mite post! Plus I love the look of my bed made, it's pretty :)
2. Dishes: no explanation needed.
3. Laundry: see laundry post.
4. Straighten, Straighten and Straighten - seriously: I pick something up and put it where it should be, otherwise you get piles, lots of piles. I'll admit I make piles to go upstairs and piles to go down, but I take it with me the next time I go up or down. Unless I'm holding the baby.
5. Wipe down kitchen counters with cleaner of choice. I can't think of any other surface in the house that gets used as much as the kitchen counters, except floors. I do this at least four times a day. After each meal and then before I go to bed, I love waking up to a clean kitchen.
6. Mail: handle mail one time and decide where it goes. Garbage, recycle, coupons, things to do, or bills.
It doesn't take me long to do this, except straightening, that's an ongoing thing. When it comes time to do my weekly cleaning on Saturday* it's much easier, and quicker leaving more time to play!
*Right now my weekly cleaning day is Saturday because my husband is home and he'll take care of the baby. In the past Monday was my cleaning day simply because the house gets trashed during the weekend when everyone is home more.
Choose the day that works best for you, or do a little bit all week. I like to get it done in one day, but that's just me. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment