Monday, December 28, 2009

My Philosophy on Laundry

I once heard a lady say "Quit trying to get caught up on laundry, because unless your willing to go naked, what are you wearing? That's right, potential laundry." So I did, I quit trying to be caught up and I simply try to keep up. As a family of six, including a darling, drooly baby, we produce a ton of laundry. This is my system, I wash and dry at least one load every day, but I refuse to sort and put away every day simply because it may possibly be my least favorite household job. If kids are old enough to help clean up their toys they are old enough to put their clothes away as long as there is a place for everything*.

Tips to cut down on laundry:
Have your kids wear their PJ's at least twice (unless they spill on them.)
Own 50 or so white wash cloths** so you don't have to fold everyday, unless you really love it. Wear your jeans more than once, unless dirty obviously, it extends the life of your jeans too!
If you have daughters (like mine) who insist on changing their clothes 10 times a day make sure when they clean up they don't just throw everything in the hamper (again, like mine used too :)

Have more tips? Leave a comment so everyone can benefit!

*Look for my post "A Place For Everything, and Everything in it's Place" coming soon
**Look for the post about my Mom's many uses of white wash cloths also coming soon.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea Alyse. Can't wait to have your tips- goddness knows I need 'em. I'm jealous of your spotlessness.

    Does your "everything in it's place" include organizing a storage area? I have a GIANT mess- it couldn't even be categorized as organized clutter. So excited for that post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for more, Alyse! I'd love to be more methodical and organized about my housekeeping --and my husband would like me to be as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a clean/neat freak wannabe (wannabe being the key word)so I'm looking forward to your tips ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a laundry day and still have to do a few loads through the week. I found a few tips here that I have been slacking on as my kids get older. I know I'm washing clean clothes!! Thanks for the reminder I look forward to your new blog.

    ReplyDelete