Monday, December 28, 2009

First Things First


First things first, taking down Christmas. It took me three to four days to get all my Christmas decor up, and I expect it to take me that long to take it down. This year I'm going to go through my storage bins and make a DI (goodwill or other, whatever you use) pile, and throw garbage away, and put the stuff I want to keep away in an organized fashion. My categories are: wrapping paper/bags/ribbon/bows/tags, ornaments and other tree trimmings, kids projects, lights (in individual grocery sacks so they don't get tangled and don't forget to throw away the broken ones!) outside wreaths and garlands, inside wreaths and garlands, all other decorations. Every one's categories will vary, the idea is if stuff is put away neat and orderly next year it should be easier to get it out and up. Label the bins as well, I prefer clear bins so I can see what is in them.

1 comment:

  1. I threw out a lot of stuff this year, because I really just fell out of love with it. I love keeping my Christmas stuff organized it may be the only thing I keep organized! :)

    ReplyDelete