Friday, January 8, 2010

Weekly Routine


In my church as children we sing a song, "Saturday is a special day it's the day we get ready for Sunday." Saturday is currently the day in our house do our weekly cleaning. IF everyone cooperates (big IF) we can get it done in a couple of hours, number one reason it's nice to live in a small house!
This is how it works:
- Each kid gets an age appropriate list, we try to have a fun, family activity for that evening to motivate the kids to get their list done!
- I make a master list for Ryan and I to complete in between taking care of the kids, and encouraging them to get their lists done. It usually looks like this:
Dust-Master Bedroom, Spencer's Room, Main Floor, Basement
Bathrooms-
tubs, toilets, sinks, counters, mirrors
Vacuum entire house
Stairs, edges too
Scrub/Mop all non-carpet
Straighten, Straighten, Straighten, as I've said before it's ongoing
I usually try to add one big job as well, in the morning its the dishwasher. Have you ever noticed the edges of your dishwasher? Go look, it might be pretty gross!
Have fun! If you want to get a big eye roll from your kids you can sing the song, I think they secretly love it!

1 comment:

  1. I need to have a master list every Saturday. It feels so good on the Saturdays that we get a lot done. It's those pesky sports that (I love, but) mess up my weekend.

    Thanks Alyse!

    ReplyDelete